Houston Daily Photo

Howdy Ya'll! Everyday we will post a random picture from the great city of Houston, Texas. Come...See...Experience Houston! If there is anything we can do for you...snap a picture, send a postcard, swap links...just let us know!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

1/4 Price Books


There is a great little bookstore on Shepherd called 1/4 Price Books. It is really quaint and fun. I love the decor and the way when you walk in you are consumed with aisles and aisles of books you've never even heard of. It is so exciting!!

There is not an official website I can link you to, but check out what ksunstrom says, and check out what Mike says about his pick for Best Bookstore for Hard to Find or Rare Books. (His site is pretty cool with several picks for the "Best" of Houston!)

If you enjoy books and are in the area, it is definitely worth a trip!
Have a great Thursday!

5 Bouquets of Flowers:

Blogger Sarah said...

Wow...that is like the mothership for a reader. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in Houston.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Candice and Megan said...

Please do Sarah, it's great!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

LOL! At first I thought Google had taken over Houston too!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Candice and Megan said...

Hahaha!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Jerry said...

I have to disagree with this store. 1/4 price books had some appeal to me when I went in, looking for a photoshop book but when I couldn't find it and started to head out... I came across a black and white photography book about 18 years old. They had it priced at $12.00 so I put it back and wished the store owner to have a nice day on my way out. He asked. "Sir, just out of curiosity, how much would you have paid for that book?" Since my initial interest was the photoshop book, I didn't really know how to respond but given the age of the book and the name of the store,"1/4 price books" I replied about half of that which is about $6.00. I didn't even mention to him that for an 18 year old book, that was pretty good in my opinion. Keep in mind, they asked me... I was on my way out without commenting... His reply was "Were not running a flea market here Sir". Normally, I think I would have said something... but I think I was just 'suprised' at what he just said... anyway, I left. At least he said "Sir", but the tone wasn't very friendly at all. Anyway, I suguest steering clear of this place unless you want to feel pressured into possibly buying a book that might be overpriced for the age of it.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home