Houston Daily Photo

Howdy Ya'll! Everyday we will post a random picture from the great city of Houston, Texas. Come...See...Experience Houston! If there is anything we can do for you...snap a picture, send a postcard, swap links...just let us know!

Monday, November 20, 2006

Popeye's


Another food-related post today...

This is a big picture on the side of a Popeye's drive-thru restaurant. Lu and I wanted to get some cajun rice, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a spicy chicken sandwich. So, he begins to order and the lady said, "We don't have mashed potatoes tonight!" So, he got french fries instead.

Then he pulls up and the first thing the lady says is, "I'm going to have to apologize..." I know this isn't good! She then says that she can't cook us anything because the cook went home!

I don't think there is only one chicken cook at a Popeye's...I'm guessing they were tired, about to close, and ready to go home...Oh well...

By the way, starting today Sunny 99.1 is playing non-stop Christmas music for the holidays...I'm so excited!

4 Bouquets of Flowers:

Blogger Kate said...

Perhaps some reorganization is due at the restaurant? In any event, I think the sign (mural?) is attractive and colourful.

4:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason, my wife keeps complaning about all of the Christmas stuff. She thinks that you're not supposed to mention Christmas until after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It doesn't bother me though. I'll listen in today(99.1). Thanks.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Candice and Megan said...

It is sad that Thanksgiving gets overlooked so easily...but I would listen to Christmas music in August if everyone would let me...so I don't mind.

I've always really enjoyed the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, but this year since Macy's has opened here in Houston I'm really excited! It feels closer to home now!

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, KSBJ (89.3 FM) is also playing non-stop Christmas music starting on Thanksgiving day, and they have way less interruptions in between songs, so you can jam a whole lot more. Tune in and enjoy!

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home