Houston Daily Photo

Howdy Ya'll! Everyday we will post a random picture from the great city of Houston, Texas. Come...See...Experience Houston! If there is anything we can do for you...snap a picture, send a postcard, swap links...just let us know!

Monday, November 06, 2006

Stairway to Nowhere...


...or so I thought. Everyday heading home from work on Travis I see this black wrought iron staircase. I had never seen anyone go up or down them, which reminds me of Willy Wonka's factory in a way..."Nobody ever goes in, and nobody ever comes out!" (Ok, unfortunately if you have no idea what I'm talking about watch the first 25 seconds of this!)

But last week I saw a young, fashionable woman come down those stairs! I was surprised to see her, and now I am curious as to where this stairway leads. Any ideas?

7 Bouquets of Flowers:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like pictures of old buildings. I plan on putting a category on my blog for pictures of medical buildings and such. I added your blog to my links by the way. I'm hoping to find some other Houston area blogs that aren't political in nature. I just want some good clean and interesting sites from here in Houston. I'll be visiting your blog daily. Keep up the good work.

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more thing. To answer your question, that looks like the back of a building in the Rice Village. Some of the stores have parking areas on the roof. I think it might be a stairway to the roof for parking. Am I right?

1:49 AM  
Blogger Kala said...

I suspect its a roof parking lot and she is coming down the stairs to go inside the store on the ground floor - either that or this is some really spooky story and I hope I don't see that lady too!

2:28 AM  
Blogger Candice and Megan said...

Well I don't think they park up there because I saw her get into her car when she came down. I might have to go check it out.

Mr. Code Brown - Thanks for stopping by! You might also like Innerlooping...the link is under "Link Partners" on my homepage. It is a really cool site on life inside the loop. It has tons of information on it...It's great! Again thanks for stopping by and saying Hi!

4:39 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Could it be a wonderful on-the-roof patio? Perhaps there's a swimming pool up there too, with palm trees and deck chairs. Am I dreaming?

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello
I am coming to Houston next week. Anything I should know? Is it hot there? What should I wear? I am from London, which is in a little country called England.
I like your blog

4:22 PM  
Blogger Candice and Megan said...

Hi, Clarice! Wow, so glad you stopped by.

There is so much you should know. Bring a little bit of everything clothes wise. You never know how the weather will be, so bring long-sleeved, and short-sleeved shirts. Bring a sweater or a light jacket, and definitely bring jeans.

There are so many great places to eat in town. You can find almost any type of food here.

Depending on what you will be here for and how long you have you could stop by The Galleria. That is a large shopping mall here in town that is pretty nice.

Be prepared for tons of traffic...everywhere...especially on the weekends!

Houstonians are generally very warm and friendly people. I think you will really enjoy it here!

If there is anything else we can do, just let us know!

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home