Houston Daily Photo

Howdy Ya'll! Everyday we will post a random picture from the great city of Houston, Texas. Come...See...Experience Houston! If there is anything we can do for you...snap a picture, send a postcard, swap links...just let us know!

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Welcome to Westheimer


Did you miss me yesterday? :-) Sorry for not posting...but yesterday was so hectic. I went to this lovely wedding for a co-worker of mine. It was a grand Black Tie event with sushi, caviar, champagne, salmon, wine, tuxes, formal dresses, dancing, flowers, candles...ah it was just lovely!

Anyway, back to Westheimer. This is THE place for shopping in Houston. The Galleria is on Westheimer, and yesterday they had their big holiday celebration.

Here are the main facts about The Galleria from the link above:

The Galleria Information

Mall HighlightsWith its stunning architecture, exceptional store mix and distinctive style of entertainment, The Galleria has established itself as the #1 shopping and tourist destination in Houston with over 24 million annual visitors. Set beneath spectacular glass atriums, The Galleria features more than 375 fine stores and restaurants, an impressive ice rink and two Westin hotels.

This world-class shopping complex showcases the best names in retailing including Neiman Marcus, Cartier, Gucci, Macy's, Tiffany & Co., Saks Fifth Avenue, The Sharper Image, Ralph Lauren Collection, Louis Vuitton, a flagship Foley's and Houston's only Nordstrom.

With the expansion that opened in March 2003, The Galleria became the fourth largest mall in the nation highlighted by nine types of stone, suspended glass balconies, three types of wood, glass skylights, and plush leather seating. With three office towers, two hotels, 2.4 million square feet of retail space, and a variety of restaurants, The Galleria is a city within a city.


They have a huge Christmas tree in the middle of the ice skating rink set up for the holiday season and yesterday they lit the tree for the very first time.

So, if you happen to be in the area and need to do some SERIOUS shopping head to Westheimer.

See you tomorrow!

3 Bouquets of Flowers:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in the Galleria yesterday. It was busy as usual. I headed over to The Cheesecake Factory and ordered the same thing I always order, "Cajun Chicken Littles." Then I shared Vanilla Bean Cheesecake with my wife. I think I saw those janitors protesting too. I'm not sure if you've heard anything about them, but they've been protesting for higher wages or something. They were marching down Westheimer with sign and loud megaphones. Anyway, great post. Later.

8:21 PM  
Blogger ★Li said...

Ah, I haven't been down by the Galleria in ages. You reminded me of this... I need to see what all has changed. XD I love the trees on the sides of the roads in that shot.

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. What a great place. Makes me want to move to Houston.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home