Houston Daily Photo

Howdy Ya'll! Everyday we will post a random picture from the great city of Houston, Texas. Come...See...Experience Houston! If there is anything we can do for you...snap a picture, send a postcard, swap links...just let us know!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

State of the Union


So, what does the President of the United States and the Houston Rockets have in common?
They both love Dikembe Mutombo!
Tonight, President Bush delivered the State of the Union Address. I got out of class early so I got to see the last 45 minutes of it...and I was stunned to see one of my favorite Houston Rockets players not only in attendance but also being recognized for greatness. Mutombo has helped fund and build a $27 Million hospital in Kinshasa, Africa. He works as a NBA Ambassador for Africa. Tonight I'd also like to recognize Mutombo for his greatness on and off the court.
(To read more about Dikembe go here and here.)

3 Bouquets of Flowers:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there Candice & Megan, greetings from San Antonio. Hey your guys are in town tonight and I'm going to see them. Like your posts. Hope you're both doing well.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Candice and Megan said...

Hi, Thien! Glad to see you again. Like a huge Rockets nerd, I imported the season's schedule into my Outlook Calendar at work, and it just reminded me of the game tonight! I will definitely be watching. I hope you enjoy the game.

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an embarrassment GW is to our country.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home