Houston Daily Photo

Howdy Ya'll! Everyday we will post a random picture from the great city of Houston, Texas. Come...See...Experience Houston! If there is anything we can do for you...snap a picture, send a postcard, swap links...just let us know!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

House of Worship



Yesterday while out driving around downtown I saw this beautiful gate to a house of worship. I just had to show you! Isn't it festive?

5 Bouquets of Flowers:

Blogger Buenos Aires Photoblog said...

Yes it looks festive. Well, I'm not familiar with Asian religions, but it looks like Buddhism to me . Do you have an Asian community in Houston?

Buenos Aires Photo

8:00 AM  
Blogger Lowell said...

This is very striking...having lived for ten years in Houston, I'm wondering if this is on the southwest side?

2:05 PM  
Blogger Candice and Megan said...

Buenos Aires Photoblog - Yes, we have quite a large Asian population here in Houston.

Jacob - Actually, it's just east of the CBD. I believe it was along Delano.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

7:28 AM  
Blogger toast said...

I can honestly say I've never seen this building before. I need to visit downtown more often! There is a huge temple in the "new" Chinatown, though, although it does not look quite as clean as this one. :)

10:14 PM  
Anonymous elizabeth avedon said...

Love that Houston has a Chinese Temple. I really like your blog.
Best of Good Luck.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home